Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Paris, Day 5: Wednesday at Notre Dame

Though I met Karen by Notre Dame on Monday, I hadn't had the chance to go in or climb the tower. We decided that we should climb the tower (all 400 steps) first thing today while we were still fresh. It was a good call, as the steps were no problem for us, so that we could enjoy the spectacular views and getting up close and personal with the gargoyles.



Even though I had generously provisioned myself with a pain au chocolat to go with my yogurt for breakfast (approximate calorie count: 1000) I was pretty well wrung out after the climb and needed to reboot the calories. Luckily we were only a few blocks from Berthillon, probably Paris's most famous ice cream maker. I got a double cone--caramel with salt and butter and strawberry gelato. They were divine. I couldn't stop eating long enough to have my picture taken.

When packing, I was debating a little whether to actually include the eyelet BWOF skirt. I like it, but it doesn't look great with the Simplicity yoked top and having a skirt that matches only one top (the 1935 reissue) is kind of pointless. I dug deep into my closet and produced this top, from my UFO Watch 2008 project. It was perfect for the theme and looked great with the skirt. This was the first time I'd had a chance to wear it. Note that the way I posed made it snow down south. Oops.

4 comments:

Sew-4-Fun said...

You sound like you are having a lot of fun in Paris. The weather looks great too, even that snow. LOL!

Your clothes look wonderful too. I'm sure you fit right in with the women in Paris.

Rose said...

Lovely! it's so nice to read your blogposts because you are combining sewing and travel, two passions of mine that I have not been able to spend enough time on. This is a great/enjoyable distraction from work, I appreciate your sharing!

Vicki said...

You really are making me jealous...I want to be in Paris!

Teddylyn said...

I have loved watching you visit some of my favorite spots and truly enjoy seeing you model your new wardrobe in such a stylish city! We are going to Paris in September and I can't wait to see these fabulous spots again! Enjoy every moment of your trip :>)

Lynda in LV