Thursday, June 19, 2008

Stashoholism Confessional: I am Weak

So I thought maybe this year I'd try to buy fabric only while traveling, to keep with my parity goal.

Not so much.

Fabric Purchases 6-19-08




Last weekend, I went to Joann for their Simplicity/McCall/Vogue pattern sale. I have not purchased fabric in a Joann for a couple of years because it is all AWFUL polyester crap. But I really liked the cotton print on the left. It will be Butterick 5209, the version with sleeves.



The middle fabric is a crazy home dec-ish type thing from G Street's $2.97 table, purple with a metallic gold sheen. It was absolutely perfect for my Mermaid Parade costume. I got 1 1/2 yards and it's all gone. (Next post will be about my fins.)

The fabric on the right is also from the $2.97 table, a knit print. I was looking at my stash and realized that I sew up knit prints pretty much immediately. There are never any that actually sit in stash. So I'm allowed to buy them. I, um, made a huge order to FFC (first internet fabric purchase of the year) that included four knit prints, so I now I need to think about patterns. Woot!

4 comments:

cidell said...

Oh. I like that print from Joann. And that's also a pattern I had my eye one for a bit.

Anonymous said...

I have the yellow fabric in my stash too........I can't resist the Joanne's 60% off sale. By the time I sew all the fabric in my stash it will be next summer! Good luck......

Adrienne said...

What pretty fabrics!

Nneka said...

I always stop in at Joann's or Hancock's for emergency notions and end up with something from the clearance tables! I'm hopeless!
-Nneka